The Cost of Attending Alabama Southern Community College
The College reserves the right to change, modify, or alter fees, charges, expenses, and costs of any kind without notice as approved by the State Board of Education. Permission to take 18-21 hours must be granted by the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The in-state rate applies to Alabama residents only.Please note that all previously published Guarantees of Success are no longer valid.
1. Tuition (per semester/term)
A. In-State Rate: The tuition for Alabama residents is $111 per credit hour, $140 per credit hour for online courses
B. Out-of-State Rate: The tuition rate for out-of-state students is $222 per credit hour, $280 per credit hour for online courses
2. Technology Fee (per semester/term) The College charges a technology fee of $9 per credit hour for all courses.
3. Facility Renewal Fee (per semester/term) The Facility Renewal Fee is $9 per credit hour for all courses.
4. Bond Surety Fee (per semester/term) The Bond Surety Fee is $1 per credit hour for all courses.
5. Debt Building Fee (per semester/term) The Debt Building Fee is $10 per credit hours for all courses.
6. Other Fees A. Returned Check Fee: $30 B. Late Registration Fee: $25
Payment of Tuition and Fees All tuition and fees are due and payable at the time of registration except for fees of sponsored students on financial aid. All students must go by the Business Office on their campus to clear charges. No student will be admitted to classes until such payments are made. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Alabama Southern Community College for the exact amount of the charge. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards may be used for payment of fees, tuition and bookstore purchases. Payments must be made on the Monroeville or Thomasville Campus in the Business Office. Payments cannot be made on the Jackson Campus or online. If you are paying with a debit or credit card you may pay by phone by calling the Business Office.
Books New and used books are available for purchase in the Alabama Southern Bookstore. Students should check with the Bookstore Manager for current prices on books.
Room and Board Alabama Southern does not operate residential facilities, therefore students are required to make their own arrangements for room and board.